Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream

Lately I have been surrounded by amazing treats!

I made what has been dubbed my "best ice cream ever."  It is a peanut butter ice cream with chopped up peanut butter cups mixed in.  It is awesome.  Plus, it is made with half and half so you can use fat-free if you want.  I used the regular stuff and it was pretty amazing that way...


Also, last night was my last night in Chicago with my family before I move back to Madison and we went to R.J. Grunts for dinner and then got cupcakes from Molly's Cupcakes.  We got The Ron Bennington, Cookee Monster, Kahlua, and Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting Yum yum!


Now I gotta go finish up my last minute packing shenanigans!!!

Peanut Butter Ice Cream (adapted from FoodieCrush)

Ingredients:
1 cup natural creamy peanut butter
2/3 cup sugar
3 cups half and half
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped peanut butter cups

Directions:
1. Beat peanut butter and sugar until well combined.  Beat in 1 cup of the half and half until well combined.  Stir in the rest of the half and half until well combined.  Stir in the vanilla.  Let this mixture chill for at least 2 hours.
2.  Pour the chilled mixture into your ice cream maker and freeze according to the directions.  When you have about 10 minutes to go, add in the peanut butter cups.  Freeze for about 2 hours or until ice cream is set.  Let sit out 15 minutes before ready to serve.

Enjoy :)


7 comments:

  1. Yes to peanut butter, yes to ice cream...2 screams for peanut butter ice cream!! WOOT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um..yes...that looks like best ice cream ever. *emphatic nod*!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been known to smear peanut butter on my ice cream, but this is even better!

    ReplyDelete