Friday, August 17, 2012

Happy Birthday Mommy!

Yesterday was my Mommy's birthday!

I really wanted to do something special for her and so I decided to make her favorite cupcakes in cake form!  Her favorite cupcakes are my Skinny Mocha Cupcakes.  She just loves that the cake is "healthy" and the frosting, well, mocha is one of her favorite flavors! Typically, her birthday cake is an ice cream cake with coffee ice cream, but I wanted this year to be a little more special.

I used the same Skinny Mocha Cupcake recipe, but make 3, 8 in. cakes, and then layered them up with some amazing mocha buttercream.

So pretty! Usually, the treats I make are not the most aesthetically pleasing, but  really loved how this turned out!

Three layers of amazing chocolate cake and mocha buttercream! It was the perfect cake for my mom and she loved it!  Happy Birthday Mommy!!! I love you!

This post is featured on Foodie Friends Friday

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely looking cake! I hope my son is soon able to make me something that nice ;)
    Thank you for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you write and share your niche! Very interesting and different! Keep it coming!

    --------
    Watch Inredibles 2 Online

    ReplyDelete