Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Nutella Orange Cookies with White Chocolate Chips

Last night, I got to go to Wrigley Field for a cubs game! The cubs didn't fare so well, but A.J. Burnett from the Pirates almost pitched a no-hitter! It was a very exciting game enhanced by an amazing dinner beforehand at DMK Burger Bar and a fantastic little treat during, ice cream in a souvenir pink helmet!


I have so many fun things going on this week! And, just to make things even better, I whipped up a batch of some of my favorite cookies.  One bite of these cookies and you will have a party of flavors raging in your mouth.  I'm not kidding.

Nutella Orange White Chocolate Chip Cookies (adapted from See You in the Morning)

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup nutella
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
zest of one orange
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 and line some baking sheets with silpat or parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.  Beat in the nutella until well combined.  Beat in the eggs, one at a time until well combined.  Beat in the vanilla and orange zest.  Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until just combined.  Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Drop tbsp sized balls of batter onto the prepared sheets, about 2 inches apart.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Enjoy :)

Go check out my cookies and other sweets at this awesome party over at Sweet as Sugar Cookies:


10 comments:

  1. Looks absolutely delicious! I reckon I could eat around 100 of them! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god those look fantastic. if i had nutella i would start baking right this instant.

    dearwonderfulwideworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic combo of flavors. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2012/08/sweets-for-saturday-80.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE white chocolate and with orange - these cookies should be very unique in flavor :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sound a tad strange but they taste amazing!

      Delete
  5. wow, these sound delicious. my family does a cookie bake-off every year at christmas time, and i believe I will be adding this recipe as a possibility for the winning cookie!

    ReplyDelete