Sunday, August 19, 2012

Peach Blueberry Crisp

My brother left for college today!
I am so excited for him and I know he is going to do great and have an amazing time! Last night we celebrated his last night at home with a nice family dinner out and then I made a yummy dessert for after.

We had a ton of peaches lying around so I decided on a peach crisp.  But then, just to be exciting, I threw some blueberries in as well! It is only just occurring to me that the dessert was orange and blue and he is going to the University of Illinois! I mean, I totally planned that...


I made an apple crisp recently and I made this crisp in a pretty similar way.  It turned out super yummy and it just felt like a good summer dessert.  We topped off the warm crisp with some cinnamon vanilla ice cream and it was awesome.

Good luck, Zack! I know you are just going to love college!  I'll be visiting soon :)

Peach Blueberry Crisp



Ingredients:
8 peaches, pitted and sliced into 1/2 inch slices
2 cups blueberries
3 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. In a greased 12 inch skillet, place the prepared peaches and blueberries.  Toss with the lemon juice and 1/2 cup sugar.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, oats, almonds, both sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.  Stir in the melted butter until you have a crumbly mixture that resembles wet sand.  Sprinkle the topping evenly over the peaches and blueberries and press down with your hands.  Bake for about 20 minutes or until the topping is a deep golden brown.

Enjoy :)

3 comments:

  1. SO SO SO GOOD....esp when you had a few drinks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome. I love making things like this in iron skillets. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete