Monday, August 13, 2012

Buffalo, New York

Today started off with an amazing breakfast at the Driftwood in Marblehead.  My brother, his family, Bri and I all went over to the little hole-in-the-wall restaurant for some excellent food.  According to everyone, this completed my New England experience.  We got an order of their “fried dough.”  Fried dough is just that, dough that is fried, but then you lather on some butter, cinnamon, and powdered sugar.  It was pretty awesome.  We also got some fantastic omelets and pancakes.  Next, it was time to say goodbye and hit the road for an 8-hour drive to Buffalo, New York.









Bri and I arrived in Buffalo around 5, checked into our hotel, and then headed down the street to the Chocolate Bar.  I was glad to have walked because it allowed me to stretch my legs and get some fresh air.  Plus, it helped me feel less guilty about what was about to happen next. 

We ordered their Sweet Potato Fries to split.  They were awesome fries on their own, but of course they came with not one, not two, but three dipping sauces: rosemary butter, maple mayo, and chocolate! Each sauce was awesome, but the maple mayo ended up being our favorite.  Then, Bri got their Mac-N-Cheese Bar with roasted red peppers and I got their Berry Good Salad.  Everything was super tasty and really good.  So far, we agreed that this place was even better than Max Brenners! 





And then, there was dessert.  On the way into the restaurant, Bri and I saw some of their desserts in a display case.  They weren’t giant and so we decided to each get our own thing and then we could sample each other’s.  We both ordered different sundaes: Bri’s was the Chocolate Brownie Explosion and mine was the Peanut Butter Panic.  Our sundaes arrived and we were SHOCKED! Apparently, the display case desserts were just MINI examples of the real things.  These desserts were GINORMOUS.  We tried our best to make our way through them, but in the end, we were totally defeated.  






We walked, or should I say waddled, around downtown Buffalo a bit afterwards to try and help ourselves digest.  The city was pretty dead since it was a Sunday, but we still saw some neat sights.  Then it was back to our hotel, where we actually worked out a little before getting ready for bed.  It was a pretty epic food evening, and I am going to need to be super healthy tomorrow after all this!





3 comments:

  1. You're in my hometown, kinda! I'm from one of the burbs north of the city, but I have definitely been to the chocolate bar :) Have fun in B-Lo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking for this informative blog for so long....finally I find this great blog here...I am so much glad for finding this awesome one...

    dracula essay questions

    ReplyDelete