Saturday, August 25, 2012

Honey Salmon with a Brown Butter Lime Sauce

I made this amazing salmon for my family and everyone agreed, it was the best.  It was super tasty and the salmon came out perfectly! I love salmon and whenever I can find a good recipe that involves salmon I am all over it.

We served the salmon with my Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes and a side of asparagus.  The salmon has a honey glaze and then you top it off with a brown butter lime sauce.  I had a little of the brown butter sauce left over and so I poured it over the cooked asparagus.  It was an amazing meal!

Honey Glazed Salmon (adapted from Cooking Classy)

Ingredients:
5 salmon filets
10 tsp flour, divided
10 tsp honey, divided
extra-virgin olive oil
zest of 2 limes
brown butter lime sauce (recipe below)

Directions:
1. Drizzle about 1 tbsp of olive oil into a pan and let it heat over medium heat.
2. Place salmon filets on a plate and coat each side of each filet with 1 tsp of flour.  Next, coat the tops each with 1 tsp of honey.  Place 2 filets at a time in the heated pan, honey side down.  Coat the bottoms with the honey at this point.  Cook each filet for 3-5 minutes in the heated pan and then flip and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes on the other side.
3. Sprinkle the lime zest over the cooked filets.  Drizzle the sauce on top and serve warm.

Brown Butter Lime Sauce

Ingredients:
6 tbsp salted butter
3 tbsp lime juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Directions:
1. Heat butter over medium heat, swirling frequently, until it is melted, turns tan, and is fragrant.  This should take about 5 minutes. Once the butter has browned, whisk in the lime juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.  Whisk well and then pour over the salmon.  Or, if you make this ahead of time, simply let it sit, and then reheat and re-whisk before pouring over the salmon.  I used a little lime sauce over my asparagus as well.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment