Monday, August 20, 2012

Cinnamon Vanilla Ice Cream

For the past few Mondays (besides the one's where I was on on my roadtrip) I talked about my half marathon training and completing a half marathon.  Now, I can't run due to tendonitis in my foot and I'm not sure what to talk about!

There is also the fact that I am leaving for school soon and I am nervous/excited and this usually leads to me being all over the place and unable to concentrate very well.  

I can't believer that I am starting yet another year of college and I really can't believe that it is my senior year.  I will be graduating in May and then I guess I have to "become a real person."  I am starting my part-time student teaching in a few weeks and I am really excited for that.  I also can't wait to get back to my friends and job at school.  However, I am scared to transition from being at home with my family and Bri to school where it's just me!   

Running typically helps me with all this stress and excitement, but since I can't run, I've been baking and making desserts.  It's sort of a problem, but no one's complaining.  I recently made a peach-blueberry crisp for my brother's last night at home.  This was delicious on it's own, but it was even better with the homemade cinnamon vanilla ice cream that I whipped up.  It isn't a creamy custard based ice cream, but it is extremely simple and super yummy.  It was perfect all melty on top of the crisp!

Cinnamon Vanilla Ice Cream (adapted from Food Network)

Ingredients:
4 cups half and half
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt

Directions:
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until the sugar and cinnamon are totally incorporated and dissolved.  Freeze in your ice cream maker according to directions and then place in the freezer to set for at least 2 hours.  Take out of the freezer 15 minutes before you are ready to serve.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment