Thursday, August 16, 2012

Easy Cannoli

Godfather night.  That's right, my friends and I decided to throw a get together and have it be Godfather themed.  I really can't take credit for this at all.  I have never seen the godfather, but my friend's Katie and Michael came up with the idea and since I just love to cook so much, I offered to host.

I was just in Boston and Bri and I had a lovely evening in the north end complete with good Italian food, lots of wine, and cannoli from Mike's Pastry.


Mike's has amazing cannoli! Since being there, I've wanted to try my hand at making some of my own.  I figured that cannoli would be the perfect treat for Godfather night!  However, I just didn't have time to make the shells and go through all the hassel associated with that.  So, I decided to use sugar cones!  I know it's not authentic, but it's easy and it's going to be perfect for our dinner party!

Easy Cannoli (adapted from Serious Eats)

Ingredients:
1 cup whole milk ricotta, drained
8 oz. marscapone cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla or Grand Mariner
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch salt
mini chocolate chips
ice cream cones

Directions:
1. Mix all the ingredients together except for the chocolate chips and ice cream cones.
2. Fill the cones with the filling and top with the mini chocolate chips

Enjoy :)


I even shared this recipe on Foodie Friends Friday!!!  You can vote for this recipe and others over at Everything in the Kitchen Sink!  Happy Friday!

Also seen on: Happy Home Blog.

16 comments:

  1. Loving the idea of using ice cream cones for cannolis. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I've been wanting to try this for awhile--I looove cannoli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently became obsessed with it! It's so yummy!

      Delete
  3. ok, as a bred italian AND a former resident of boston (back bay, not north end ;-) ) i'd NEVER thought of putting connoli in sugar cones! what a great idea.

    i think my readers would LOVE this-- would you share it over at my new link party? http://www.happyhomeblog.com/weekend-warrior/weekend-warrior-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I visited the back bay too! I loved Boston!

      Delete
  4. Will you hate me if I tell you I've never seen Godfather? Will you feel better if I tell you how much I LOVE this easy cannoli? It's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw it for the first time! Great movie! And thank you!

      Delete
  5. what a great idea. They look delish, and so easy. love that!
    blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a wonderful idea! I must say, the ice cream cone looks better with cannoli cream than ice cream. I found your site through the Foodie Friday. Please do visit soon! Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! This is such an awesome dessert for a party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super idea. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday and remember to come back and vote on Sunday. Newest Follower here.
    http://marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done and done! I love the foodie friends friday!

      Delete
  9. This is a great idea for a kids or adults Jodie! i'm featuring it as my host pick of the week for Foodie Friends Friday next week at Cindy's Recipes and Writings !

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so funny because until this summer I had never seen the Godfather movies either all the way through. I've seen bits and pieces. My daughter loves them and we watched them together and I have to agree, they are really good! Well, not #3, but we won't go there. These canolis look fabulous! I'm going to try them! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday. I hope you came back and voted today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did vote! I love foodie friends friday! I hope you enjoy the cannoli!

      Delete