Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Grilled Spinach Apple Cheddar Wraps

With graduation just around the corner and the job-search in full swing, I have been constantly thinking about the future.  This usually makes me feel like I am about to cry/I can't stop smiling.  I've been on one crazy emotional roller coaster.

I have also spent some time each weekend trying out a new recipe because I really want to get good at coming up with healthy recipes that I can take with me for school lunches.  I like to come up with things that are very tasty and comforting while also nutritious.  Today's recipe is all of these things! Bri and I made these Grilled Spinach Apple Cheddar Wraps last weekend and they were awesome! I made extras and took them for lunch during the week.  The flavors here are amazing.  I used a mustard that had quite the zing to it then added the comforting, melty cheese, healthy spinach, and tart/crunch apples.  It was awesome how simply eating lunch could brighten my day because I made that lunch and was proud of it!

Grilled Spinach Apple Cheddar Wraps

Ingredients:
4 whole wheat flatbread wraps
4 tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 cup spinach
1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
1 granny smith apple
butter (I used Brummel & Brown)

Directions:
1. Spread a layer of butter on one side of the flatbread.
2. Spread 1 tbsp of mustard on the other side.  Then, place some spinach and apple slices on top.  Finally sprinkle about 1/4 cup of cheese on top.  Roll up into a wrap.
3. Place wrap in a pan and heat over medium heat for about 4 minutes.  Turn over and heat for another 4 minutes.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment