These cupcakes are AMAZING. My mom found a great recipe and then I helped her make it over my Spring Break. We brought these to my brother for his birthday and him and his friends loved them. This is such a simple recipe and I am excited to share it with you all because it was so good! Enjoy!
Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes (adapted from Baked Perfection)
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup skim milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup semi sweet or dark chocolate chips, dusted in 1 tbsp of flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees & line cupcake pan with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, & salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat the butter & sugar until combined. Add the milk & vanilla. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until combined. Slowly beat in the flour mixture, until just combined. Slowly add in the bananas. Once all combined, stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
4. Divide batter evenly into 12 cupcake cups. Bake until the tops are golden, about 17-20 minutes. Remove to wire rack & cool completely before frosting.
Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting
1/2 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 tbsp milk
2 cups powdered sugar
1. Cream the butter, peanut butter, salt & vanilla. Slowly add in 1 cup of powdered sugar. Then add in 2 tbsp of milk. Add in the rest of the sugar and add 1-2 more tbsp of milk until you have the desired consistency.