Sunday, December 11, 2011

Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

Wednesday is the day that my Collaborative Lesson Plan is due.  It is also the last DTS study night at the library.  I am the academic chair and so every week for study night, I bring some yummy baked goods to entice people to come to the library and study!  Apparently, the opportunity to learn is not enough since the one time I did not bring food, people were very upset.  Since my final project is due earlier that day, I have a feeling that I will not be in the mood to study...

However, I am in the mood for cookies.  So, I decided to find a new recipe to try out for the last study day.  Plus, I don't want the last study night to be filled with angry/hungry fraternity members.  I have a bunch of Peanut Butter cups lying around so I decided to find a good cookie recipe that would incorporate them.  Also, I wanted to find a recipe for cookies that uses whole wheat flour because my mom is always on the look-out for recipes that use whole wheat instead of white.  I have a recipe for Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies from Handle the Heat and so I decided to just use peanut butter cups instead of the chocolate chips!

Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

Ingredients: 
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
2 large eggs
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped peanut butter cups


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper or cooking spray.
2. Beat peanut butter and brown sugar in a mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Mix in flour until just incorporated then mix in oats, baking soda, and cinnamon. Be careful not to over-mix. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
3. Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, drop balls of evenly sized dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving enough room for cookies to spread slightly. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the tops are golden. Cool on a cooling rack. Once cooled, store in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days with a piece of bread to keep the cookies soft.


Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment