Monday, December 5, 2011

Cookie Decorating

It's almost the holidays and you can just feel the holiday spirit all over this campus.  Students are trying to get into the holiday spirit while occasionally remembering that finals are coming up...yikes! I actually don't have any finals during finals week this semester so I have had an especially hard time focusing on academics these past few weeks.

cookie decorating!
My lovely girlfriends and I decided to have a little cookie decorating/chick flick watching/baked goods eating get together.  Tamara, Chelsea, Emily, and I came together over our connection through the School of Education and our love for Grey's Anatomy.  We get together to watch the show and we vent about the School of Ed and how stressed we get!  This get together was our way of getting into the holiday spirit and of distracting ourselves from our upcoming final project.  There was eggnog, rum, nutmeg, cinnamon, and of course cookies!

I also happened to have a ton of baked goods on hand from over Thanksgiving and I wanted to share them with these lovely ladies! I brought them some of my muffins (see previous post) and some of my "famous" chocolate chip cookies.  Seriously, not sure how these are so amazing, but make them, try them, and you will be amazed!

"Famous" Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients: 
3 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 sticks butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
1 egg
1 egg white
12 oz chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate)

Directions: 
1. Mix and set aside flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
2. In large bowl, mix butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla.  Add egg and egg white to mixture.
3. Gradually add in flour mixture and mix until incorporated.  Gradually stir in chocolate chips.
4. Drop on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes.
Tip: keep cookies stored in a container with a piece of bread to keep them soft and amazing!

Enjoy :)


3 comments: