Saturday, December 10, 2011

Dodgeball

Today we have the well anticipated game of Dodgeball.  DTS is participating as a Dodgeball team the the Dodge-for-a-Cause Tournament.  I am slightly nervous because if it is anything like the last dodgeball tournament I participated in, we are going to get creamed!

Action shot...
Yes, that is me getting hit...needless to say, I am scared. I am also pretty excited.  I get to spend some time with DTS playing one of the greatest games ever.  Also, win or lose, my friend Max is making stir-fry and a broccoli slaw salad for dinner!

Max and I go WAY back...like all the way to kindergarten.  Now that we are in college together, we get together fairly often to try out different restaurants in Madison or make our own dinner.  Last year, when I had an apartment, I cooked dinner all the time and I would invite Max over.  This year, we have a chef for my house and so I have not spent as much time with substantial meals.  Instead, I do a lot of baking.  However, on the weekends there is no chef and I have to figure out something else for food.  I can't wait to see what Max cooks up tonight.  I, of course, offered to do dessert and since the last batch of scones came out so great, I think I am going to try another!

This time, per request of Max, I am going to make some cranberry-orange scones and since I have some lying around, I am going to throw in a white-chocolate glaze!  I can't wait for this amazing dinner...yum!

Cranberry Orange Scones

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp orange extract
1 1/4 cups half and half
1 cup fresh cranberries

Glaze:
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
2 tbsp milk

Roll out the dough

Directions:
Right out of the oven
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl
2. Mix half and half with the orange extract
3. Pour half and half mixture into the dry ingredients and combine with a fork.  Do not over mix. Add in the cranberries.  The mixture should be dry so add some flour if necessary.
4. Roll out the dough onto a lightly floured service and slice into wedges.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for about 13-15 minutes.  While baking, melt the white chocolate in the microwave and stir in the milk.  When scones are done, drizzle glaze over the scones.
Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment