Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Scones with Vanilla Glaze (adapted from Food Network)
2 cups white whole wheat flour
4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup sugar
6 tbsp unsalted butter
3/4 cup Non-Fat Greek Yogurt (I used Vanilla Chobani)
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 375 and lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together. Cut in the butter and using your hands, pinch the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles wet sand.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the greek yogurt with the egg. Pour into the flour mixture and stir to combine. Do not over mix. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Form the dough into a ball and press into a circle. The circle should be about as thick as your hand. Cut the circle like a pizza to form 8-12 wedges. Place on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Let cool.
5. Make the glaze by mixing all the ingredients together. For a thicker glaze, add more sugar, for a thinner glaze, add more milk. Brush over cooled scones.