Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Charleston, SC Day 4

Happy 2013 everyone!  Last night I got to celebrated New Year's Eve with my family and Bri in Charleston.  It was a lovely evening where we had a lot of good food and a lot of fun.  It was a great way to welcome the new year!

But first, we spent the morning lounging around (after I ran), and then, my mom and I went grocery shopping because today (New Year's Day) we are going to be making dinner for everyone.  We decided to stay in today and eat yummy appetizers and snack foods since it is a big football day for the boys and then, of course, the Rosebowl is tonight!  Wisconsin is playing Stanford and I can't wait to watch the game!  On the menu is Crab Dip, Spinach Artichoke Dip, Grilled Cheese Sliders, Poached Salmon Sliders, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie!  Get pumped for some great new recipes to celebrate the new year!

After our grocery shopping trip, we all went to lunch at Five Loaves Cafe.  This place was on Yelp as the best place for lunch in Mt. Pleasant and the reviews did not lead us astray.  The food was fantastic!  Everything was fresh and light and we had an amazing lunch.  They had soups, salads, and sandwiches.  The portions are generous and we were all quite pleased.   Plus, you can order half sandwiches, half salads, and cups of soups if you want to mix and match! I got the half salmon salad that was on special and a cup of tomato tarragon crab soup.  It was great!

Bri and I headed out on our own after this to go visit Genevieve again.  We got to see where she lives and walk around the property a bit.  It was amazing how she lives only a five minutes outside of Charleston and yet we felt like we were out in the countryside.  We walked down to the dock to look out at the water and it was beautiful.  After a nice visit, we headed back to the resort to rest up before dinner.

Dinner was at Anson Restaurant.  This place was recommended to us by my Aunt and her family who say it is their favorite!  My parents had been here before and claimed that it was the best.  It was pretty fantastic.  I, of course, took pictures of all the amazing food, but the lighting was so dim that they did not come out great.  Sorry about that!
She Crab Soup
Golden Beet Salad
Iceberg Wedge Salad 
My Dinner: Pan Seared Salmon 
Bri's Dinner: Handmade Pasta 
Mom's Dinner: Crisp Flounder 
Zack's Dinner: Lamb with Gnocchi 
Dad's Dinner: Duck
Creme Brulee
Pecan Pie
Chocolate Torte
Mile High Apple Pie
We had a late reservation to start with and so by the end of dinner it was already almost 10:30!  We decided to walk over to our little midwest bar, Mac's Place, and get a few drinks before midnight.  The bar was quite busy, but we were able to find a spot to stand near the bar.  We were also able to watch the New Year's Eve party in New York.  As the ball dropped, the entire bar counted down and we all had a champagne toast right at midnight.  I got to share my fourth new year's kiss with Bri!  It was all very fun and exciting and I can't believe that 2013 is finally here.  This is going be a big year for me.  I'll be graduating, hopefully getting a teaching job, and moving out on my own!  I can't wait to see where 2013 takes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment