Mini Honey Cakes with Browned Butter Honey Glaze (adapted from Pastry Affair)
2 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup honey
2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup skim milk
2/3 cup non-fat greek yogurt (I used Plain Chobani)
3 tsp honey
1 tsp butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease some cupcake pans. This recipe will make about 24 mini cakes.
2. In a large bowl, beat the oil, applesauce, and sugar together until well combined. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Then, beat in the vanilla.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cloves together. Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Stir in the milk and yogurt. Pour batter into prepared pans filling each hole about 1/2-2/3 full. Bake for about 18 minutes.
4. While cupcakes are baking, make the glaze. Place butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Swirl butter around until completely melted and then continue to swirl until butter browns and smells fragrant. Pour butter into a small bowl and whisk in the honey. Drizzle glaze over the warm cupcakes!
It's time for another Foodie Friends Friday! Last week these three lucky winners won an adorable towel from Bazor Designs:
And here are the winner's from last week's party!
#1 Top Voted AND Most Clicked:
#2 Top Voted AND Most Clicked:
#3 Top Voted:
#3 Most Clicked:
This week is sponsored by Miss Macie and one lucky winner will win this gorgeous ring!
But first, here are this week's co-hosts:
Foodie Friends Friday http://www.foodiefriendsfriday.com
Tracy at Busy Vegetarian Mom http://www.busyvegetarianmom.com
Robyn's View http://www.robynsviewathome.blogspot.com
Angie at A lil Country Sugar http://alilcountrysugar.blogspot.com/
Marlys at This and That http://marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com/
Lois at Walking on Sunshine http://wifeofthecolonel.blogspot.com/
Lindsey at Family Food Finds http://www.familyfoodfinds.com
Cindy at Cindys Recipes and Writings http://www.cindysrecipesandwritings.com
R Dawn at Spatulas on Parade http://www.spatulasonparade.blogspot.com
Ericka at Chef Picky Kid http://www.chefpickykid.com
Michelle at From Calculus to Cupcakes http://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.blogspot.com
Cynthia at Feeding Big http://www.feedingbig.blogspot.com
Jodie at Binomial Baker http://www.binomialbaker.blogspot.com
Amber at http://www.mamasblissfulbites.com/
One more thing: The Rules
Step 1: Make sure that anything you link up is:
- A recipe that is made and photographed by you
- Not part of a sponsorship/sales/giveaway or other promotions/linky parties
- Linked to a specific page of your recipe, not your homepage
- Please limit your link-ups to 3 per party
- Show some love and link back to my blog and Foodie Friends Friday (http://www.foodiefriendsfriday.com) on the post of the recipe you are submitting. For example: This recipe is featured on "Host Blog Link" and http://www.foodiefriendsfriday.com Linky Party
If you want to be the very best Foodie Friend Ever...
- Grab our button at http://www.foodiefriendsfriday.com and put it on your page and share Foodie Friends Friday!
- Take some time and check out other submitted links and the blogs of all our gracious hosts
- Come on over and "like" us on Facebook www.facebook.com/foodiefriendsfriday
Step 3: Come back on Sunday and vote for your favorite recipes by clicking on the star under the recipe. You only get 3 Votes so use them wisely!
***Please note that by linking up your recipe you are agreeing to allow Foodie Friends Friday and any of it's affiliated websites or publications to use photos/links/recipes for any reprint, republishing and distribution without monetary compensation to you. If photos/recipes are used, proper credit and link backs will be included.