I also made these awesome cupcakes!!!
I found the recipe over at Cooking Classy and I have to send her a HUGE thank you because these cupcakes were great! They are applesauce spice cupcakes and they are super yummy. Then I made some cream cheese frosting to slather on top! Everyone loved them and I thought they were great. I am wondering if I could pass them off as a muffin if I nix the frosting or substitute the butter for yogurt/oil or something. Anyways, they were great and you should all make them!
Applesauce Spice Cupcakes (adapted from Cooking Classy)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups plain applesauce
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
For the Frosting:
8 oz low-fat cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line/grease a cupcake pan (you will make about 24).
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and both sugars on high until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and then slowly mix in the applesauce.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and beat until just combined.
4. Fill each cupcake well about 1/2-2/3 full and bake for 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
5. Make the frosting: beat all the ingredients until light and fluffy. Add in more sugar for a more dense consistency or add in milk for a more creamy texture. Frost the cupcakes!
I am so excited to be participating in my first Foodie Friends Friday! I am a huge fan of this group and it is so fun to connect with other food bloggers and discover fun recipes. Plus, there's giveaways! It can't get much better than that!
This week is sponsored by bazordesigns and you can win an adorable towel! You can find this great Lemon Kitchen Towel on Etsy. Three randomly picked links will win one!
But first, here are this week's co-hosts:
Foodie Friends Friday http://ww.foodiefriendsfriday.com
Tracy at Busy Vegetarian Mom http://www.busyvegetarianmom.com
Robyn's View http://www.robynsviewathome.blogspot.com
Angie at A lil Country Sugar http://alilcountrysugar.blogspot.com/
Marlys at This and That http://marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com/
Lois at Walking on Sunshine http://wifeofthecolonel.blogspot.com/
Lindsey at Family Food Finds http://www.familyfoodfinds.com
Cindy at Cindys Recipes and Writings http://www.cindysrecipesandwritings.com
Keira at Luscious Delights www.lusciousdelights.blogspot.com.au
R Dawn at Spatulas on Parade http://www.spatulasonparade.blogspot.com
Ericka at Chef Picky Kid http://www.chefpickykid.com
Michelle at From Calculus to Cupcakes http://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.blogspot.com
Cynthia at Feeding Big http://www.feedingbig.blogspot.com
Skye at A Virtual Essence http://www.avirtualessence.blogspot.com
Jodie at Binomial Baker http://www.binomialbaker.blogspot.com
One more thing: The Rules
Step 1: Make sure that anything you link up is:
- A recipe that is made and photographed by you
- Not part of a sponsorship/sales/giveaway or other promotions/linky parties
- Linked to a specific page of your recipe, not your homepage
- Please limit your link-ups to 3 per party
- Show some love and link back to my blog and Foodie Friends Friday (http://www.foodiefriendsfriday.com) on the post of the recipe you are submitting. For example: This recipe is featured on "Host Blog Link" and http://www.foodiefriendsfriday.com Linky Party
If you want to be the very best Foodie Friend Ever...
- Grab our button at http://www.foodiefriendsfriday.com and put it on your page and share Foodie Friends Friday!
- Take some time and check out other submitted links and the blogs of all our gracious hosts
- Come on over and "like" us on Facebook www.facebook.com/foodiefriendsfriday
Step 3: Come back on Sunday and vote for your favorite recipes by clicking on the star under the recipe. You only get 3 Votes so use them wisely!
***Please note that by linking up your recipe you are agreeing to allow Foodie Friends Friday and any of it's affiliated websites or publications to use photos/links/recipes for any reprint, republishing and distribution without monetary compensation to you. If photos/recipes are used, proper credit and link backs will be included.