The Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup!!!!! Oh my gosh, last night was so exciting! My buddy, Lauren, is also a huge hawks fan so she came over to watch the game with us. We debated going out somewhere to be part of the festivities, but the weather was super horrible (like tornado warning, horrible) so we ended up staying in. I think this was a good choice because we were able to see the game better and I got to wear comfy clothes :).
After some sleep, I am ready to start CAMP TRAINING! Woo! Summer job officially starts today and I am pretty pumped.
To celebrate, I have a yummy recipe for delicious cinnamon bars. Plus, these cinnamon bars are topped with an amazing cream cheese frosting. I adore a good cream cheese frosting, and this one has extra cinnamon in it to complement those bars. Yum!
Cinnamon Bars with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
(adapted from Something Swanky)
3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup molasses
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
16 oz light cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a 13 by 9 inch baking pan with foil. Grease the foil.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the flour with the baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar together until well combined. Beat in the egg and the molasses until well combined. Beat in the flour mixture until just combined.
4. Pour the batter into your prepared pan and back for about 18 minutes. Let cool for about 15 and then use the foil to remove the bars from the pan. Let cool completely.
5. To make the frosting, beat the cream cheese with the powdered sugar and cinnamon until well combined. Spread over the cooled bars.