Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Whole Wheat Strawberry Muffins

It's Strawberry Season and I have been in such a great mood because of this whole getting a job and graduating thing and I just felt like baking something scrumptious with strawberries!  I used the same base as I did for my Perfect Blueberry Muffins to make Perfect Strawberry Muffins! I also doubled the recipe because I wanted to share my treats! All my friends who are still "real students" are taking finals and I brought these muffins to a study session to share with everyone! I don't have finals since I am a student teacher and I have to go to school every day until the end of the high schools school year.

Perfect Whole Wheat Strawberry Muffins

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup skim milk
1/2 cup non-fat, plain greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
1 to 1 1/4 cups chopped fresh strawberries


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 and lightly grease a muffin pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the flours, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs with sugar until pale yellow, beat in milk, yogurt and vanilla.  Slowly mix in the dry ingredients until just combined.  Stir in the strawberries.
4. Fill the muffin pan all the way to the top and bake for 5 minutes.  Lower the temperature to 375 and bake for another 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.  Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment