Friday, May 10, 2013

Caramelized Onion Mushroom Melt Wraps

Oy! I've been so busy! I am so sorry that I have not been around, but my life is pretty crazy right now.  This past week has involved adding on Pre-Calc to my teaching schedule so that now I am teaching even more classes, another interview, filling out a bunch more applications, finishing up my portfolio and getting ready for graduation! I can't keep my life straight anymore!

I do want to share with you a yummy lunch idea that I came up with recently: Caramelized Onion Mushroom Melt Wraps.  Here's how they go:

Caramelized Onion Mushroom Melt Wraps


Ingredients:
1 medium white onion, cut into slices
8 oz Cremini Mushrooms
2 whole wheat wraps
2 tbsp of your favorite mustard
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
olive oil
sugar or brown sugar

Directions:
1. Heat a skillet over medium heat with a tbsp of olive oil.  Place onion slices in the skillet and cook until translucent, about 5-6 minutes.  Add in the mushrooms and toss in a tbsp or two of sugar.  Stir everything together and continue to cook until onions have caramelized.  Drain if needed and set aside.
2. Spread mustard on the wrap.  Place mushroom onion mixture on one side of the wrap.  Top with cheese and microwave for a minute or until the cheese is melted.  Fold wrap on over!

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment