Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Spinach, Sun Dried Tomato, and Feta Risotto

Bri made risotto! Seriously, I was so impressed.  He called me while I was running, I talked him through the ingredients and what he would need, and he did all the cooking! Also, it was amazing.  We have been having a lot of fun coming up with yummy vegetarian dinners now that we are living together! This is definitely going to be something we make again! 

In other news, I am teaching my last lessons this week since finals are coming! Also, I attempted a three mile run today and discovered that I am still rather sore from the half marathon.  And finally, these posts are so short because I am really busy packing up my room and studying for my teacher tests which are this weekend.  I can't believe I am about to move out and become a real teacher!

Spinach, Sun Dried Tomato, and Feta Risotto


Ingredients:
4 cloves garlic, minced
olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup Arborio rice
1 cup dry white wine
4-5 cups vegetable broth
1 cup fresh spinach
1/2 cup rehydrated sun dried tomatoes
4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pot.  
2. In a separate pot, heat vegetable broth over medium heat until simmering, then reduce to low heat.
3. Place garlic and onion in the olive oil and saute until onion becomes translucent.  Stir in rice and cook for 2 minutes.  Pour in wine and stir until absorbed by the rice.  Add 1/4 cup of broth, stir until absorbed.  Continue this process for about 20 minutes or until rice is al dente.  Stir in spinach, tomatoes, feta and parmesan   Let cook for 5 minutes.  Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.

Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! I've just received my free minecraft giftcode!

    >> Minecraftcodes.info <<

    ReplyDelete