Also, now that I know where I am going to be, Bri and I are moving forward on looking for an apartment! I can't believe all of this. I feel a little too grown up right now.
Since, it is Monday, I also have a Half Marathon Monday update for you all. I got up to 12 miles and now I get to taper off a little. My long run this week was 9 miles and honestly it felt like a breeze. I love getting out there in the morning and getting in a long run. During the week I didn't run as much because of how busy I was, but I am still feeling great. The run is only 2 weeks away and I can't wait!
And, of course I have a recipe to share! This is a super yummy recipe and I found it over on How Sweet It Is. These Thai Turkey Burgers are full of flavor and super healthy. I had them for lunch at school and everyone was jealous of how yummy it smelled! I love the flavors here and it was a perfect little meal to have for dinner and then leftover for lunch.
1 lb. lean turkey
2 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup shredded carrot
salt and pepper
4 whole wheat buns
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup light coconut milk
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp natural, creamy peanut butter
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1 tbsp lime juice
1/2 tbsp soy sauce
2-3 tbsp hot sauce or chili sauce (depending on taste)
3 cups coleslaw mix
1/2 cup chopped peanuts
1. Make the sauce: whisk together the rice vinegar, coconut milk, garlic, peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, and hot sauce. Pour into a small sauce pan and heat until simmering.
2. In a large bowl, combine the turkey meat with the carrots and green onion. Season with salt and pepper. Pour about 3/4 of your sauce mixture into the turkey mixture and combine.
3. In another bowl, place the coleslaw mix and toss with the peanuts. Pour the other 1/4 of the sauce over the coleslaw and set aside.
4. Form the turkey meat into 4 patties. Place in a grill or saute pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes or until browned, flip patties and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
5. Place burgers on buns, top with coleslaw and serve!