Thursday, May 2, 2013

Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken

My first day back at school from my little trip through Illinois on interviews was a good one! I was so nervous, it felt like the first day all over again.  Well, maybe I wasn't THAT nervous.  However, it was pretty darn unsure of myself.  I felt so out of the loop and like I hadn't been in class for a long time.  I jumped right back in and I've gotta say I'm so thankful for my students.  They are just fantastic.  They clearly had missed me and were excited for me to be back.  Many of them asked me how my interviews went and they were really sweet! I am excited to be back and I can't wait to just get back into the swing of things.

While I was home, I made this awesome Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken.  It is super tasty and it was super easy to make.  This is what I'm bringing for lunch today! While I was home, I made little sandwiches for myself.  Then, I left a bunch at home for my mom and dad and took some leftovers back with me to Madison!  The chicken is juicy, tasty, and sweet! It is perfect as a sandwich or for dinner served with some sort of side!

Crock Pot Sesame Chicken (adapted from The Way to His Heart)

Ingredients:
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 medium white onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, smashed
3 tbsp canola oil
3/4 cup honey
3 tbsp tomato paste
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
pinch of red pepper flakes, to taste
salt and pepper
sesame seeds

Directions:
1. Mix the onion, garlic, canola oil, honey, tomato paste, vinegar, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes together in a bowl.  Place chicken in the crock pot, season with salt and pepper, and pour sauce over the chicken.  Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
2. Using two forks, shred the cooked chicken and while stil hot, pour sesame seeds (however many you want) over the shredded chicken and stir to combine.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment