I ate a ton, however, after dinner, Bri, me and my brother Zack went home around 8 and then I took a "nap" from about 9:30 to 11:30. Then, we got in the car with my mom and drove over to the mall for Black Friday shopping that started at midnight. The entire mall was opened and we got some great deals at a bunch of stores. I made a killing at the Limited and seriously stocked up on some much needed teacher clothes. I am totally ready for interviews and high school. I also was able to get a bunch of presents as well as a new pair of cute shoes! I just love Black Friday. The mall was busier than I have ever seen before and they were playing music throughout the stores. It was so much fun. We got home a little after 3 and went back to sleep.
Now, I am writing this after sleeping in later than I have in ages (9...woah) and deciding whether or not I should go shopping again. I do need a bunch of groceries so Super Target is currently calling my name. I am also planning on a great lunch at Portillos and then an evening out with my friends. I can't wait for another lovely day of break!
Sweet Potato Pie (adapted from All Recipes)
1 pound sweet potatoes
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup half and half
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp vanilla
1 9-inch pie crust (recipe-I left out the lemon juice for this pie and added a dash of cinnamon)
1. If you are making the pie crust, you can follow the recipe link and do this a day or two in advance. Then, just leave the dough out to soften a bit and then roll out into a circle, 12 inches in diameter and place in your pie dish. Fold dough over the side a bit and then take off any excess dough. Place in fridge until ready to use.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Microwave the sweet potato until it can be easily pierced with a fork, about 5-6 minutes. Remove the skins and then mash the sweet potato.
4. In a large bowl, beat the mashed sweet potato with the butter until well combined. Beat in the sugar and brown sugar until well combined and then the half and half and eggs. Mix in the cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and vanilla. Pour the filling into your prepared pie dish.
5. Bake the pie for 60 minutes or until sides and middle are firm. Let cool and top with whipped cream.