I am totally addicted and so when the lovely ladies of Foodie Friends Friday announced that we could get a free sample of Don Thomas Coffee, I was totally in! This coffee is fantastic. I used it to make a Raspberry Mocha Mousse and then my friend Casey brewed it and added Salted Caramel Creamer to make one delicious cup of coffee. This party is all about coffee, so link up your favorite recipes that use coffee and enjoy!
Raspberry Mocha Mousse (adapted from Julia Child's Mousse)
2 eggs, separated
6 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp Raspberry Liqueur
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
2 tbsp strong coffee (I used Don Thomas Coffee)
6 tbsp salted butter, softened
1/2 tbsp sugar
1. Prepare a pot of simmering water over the stove and a pot of ice water on the counter.
2. In a bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until stiff and pale in color. Beat in the Raspberry Liqueur. Beat this mixture over the simmering water for 3-4 minutes. Mixture will look foamy.
3. Move the bowl and beat the mixture over the ice water for another 3-4 minutes. Mixture will thicken, lighten in color, and resemble mayo.
4. In a small sauce pan, melt the chocolate and coffee over the simmering water. Once melted, remove from heat and stir in the butter until combined. Beat the chocolate mixture into the egg yolk mixture.
5. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until a soft peak forms. Beat in 1/2 tbsp sugar until a stiff peak forms, about 3-4 minutes. Fold in 1/4 of the egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture until combined. Fold in the remaining egg whites until just combined.
6. Pour the mousse into individual cups and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Enjoy plain or top with some fresh whipped cream!
Last week a bunch of lucky winners won great prizes from the sponsors of our Thanksgiving Party!
This week is sponsored by Don Thomas Coffee!
But first, here are this week's co-hosts:
Foodie Friends Friday http://www.foodiefriendsfriday.com
Tracy at Busy Vegetarian Mom http://www.busyvegetarianmom.com
Robyn's View http://www.robynsviewathome.blogspot.com
Marlys at This and That http://marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com/
Lois at Walking on Sunshine http://wifeofthecolonel.blogspot.com/
Lindsey at Family Food Finds http://www.familyfoodfinds.com
Michelle at From Calculus to Cupcakes http://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com
Cynthia at Feeding Big http://www.feedingbig.blogspot.com
Jodie at Binomial Baker http://www.binomialbaker.blogspot.com
R Dawn at Spatulas on Parade http://www.spatulasonparade.blogspot.com
Angie at A lil Country Sugar http://www.alilcountrysugar.blogspot.com
Jutta at HungryLittleGirl http://www.hungrylittlegirl.com/
Kelly at http://www.adornedwell.blogspot.com/
Cindy at Cindy's Recipes and Writings: : http://www.cindysrecipesandwritings.com
a Rafflecopter giveaway