Thursday, November 15, 2012

Cranberry Sauce

I adore cranberries.  Also, here in Wisconsin, cranberries are kind of a big deal.  Every week at the Farmer's Market, you can pick up huge bags of fresh cranberries!  I know they are not everyone's favorite cup of tea, but I think this recipe could change a lot of cranberry non-believers out there into believers.  The recipe is crazy simple and crazy good.  I basically used the recipe that was on the bag of cranberries and used Orange Juice instead of water.  Please put down the canned stuff, go get some fresh cranberries, and make this sauce.  It's perfect for Thanksgiving!

Cranberry Sauce

Ingredients:
12 oz fresh cranberries, rinsed
1 cup sugar
1 cup Orange Juice

Directions:
1.  Heat the orange juice and sugar in a saucepan until boiling.  Add in the cranberries and let boil until they all pop.  Remove from heat and place in a bowl to be refrigerated   As the sauce cools it will thicken.

4 comments:

  1. My husband loves cranberries. Glad you told me they "pop." I would have worried. :) Can't wait to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never a big fan of cranberries, recently that has changed. This recipe looks really good. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete