I found the recipe over at Keep It Sweet Desserts. I decided to adapt the recipe to use some of the ingredients I have in my room. I am moving out in a week and I am trying to make foods that use up some of the ingredients I have lying around. I hope that you enjoy...I certainly did :)
(adapted from Keep It Sweet Desserts)
For the cupcakes:
2 2/3 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
5 large eggs
4 tbsp vanilla
2/3 cup skim milk
For the filling:
1 cup nutella
1 cup raspberry jam
For the frosting:
1/2 cup unsalted butter
8 oz low-fat cream cheese
6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 24 cupcake wells with liners (I ended up making about 32 cupcakes).
2. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
3. Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, for about 4 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Beat in the vanilla.
4. Add half the flour, mix until just combined on a low speed, then mix in the milk, and then the rest of the flour until just combined.
|What do you do with the cores of cupcakes????|
|Make perfect mini-cupcakes!!! YUM|
8. Top each cupcake with the frosting!