Bruschetta Stuffed Chicken Breast (adapted from Part Time House Wife)
4 large chicken breasts
3/4 cup chopped roma tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 tsp chopped fresh basil (or dried)
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup shredded light mozzarella
1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar (find fun flavors!)
1/4 tsp sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with foil and grease lightly.
2. In a small bowl, mix the chopped tomatoes, onion, basil, and mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper.
3. In a small saucepan, bring the balsamic with the sugar to a boil until you have a thicker and syrup-y concoction.
4. Use a long knife and cut into the chicken breast at the thickest point. Move the knife around to create a hole for filling. Repeat with the other pieces of chicken. Stuff the chicken breast with your cheese mixture. Don't be afraid to use your fingers! Place each piece on the prepared baking sheet.
5. Take your balsamic syrup and brush each piece of chicken with it. Flip the chicken and brush the other side.
6. Bake the chicken for about 30-35 minutes, make sure the thickest part of the chicken is done! Serve over pasta, with veggies, or whatever else you are in the mood for! We drizzled more of that fantastic balsamic-pomegranate vinegar over the chicken/pasta and had peas on the side. Yum!
|Ooey Gooey Chicken!|