Monday, September 28, 2015

Marathon Training Monday

Taper time! After the 20 miler, it is time to taper.  You run less, rest up, and get ready for race day.  I can't believe I am at this point!

Last week the mileage was 5, 8, 4 and then on Saturday I ran 12.  Everything felt pretty good considering I had just run 20 miles.  12 made me feel tired, but overall my excitement for race day is keeping me motivated.  This week the mileage is 4, 6, 3.  This is more like the typical miles I run during the week when I am not training and just feel like having a good mix of shorter and longish runs.  I think this week is going to feel great.  Saturday is the last "long" Saturday run with 8 miles.  This next time I run double digit miles will be on race day!

I can't wait for this marathon.  I feel like training went way better than last year and I am feeling really good.  My packet pick-up ticket came in the mail and I am getting super pumped.  I already picked out my race day outfit and my parents and I have been planning what we will do the day before.  I love the atmosphere of race day and I can't wait to share this one with my family again.  I'll keep you updated as I count down the days to the Chicago Marathon! 13 days!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment