Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Caprese Avocado Toast

I have been super into avocado toast lately.  I know that it is "trendy" and it should be.  It makes for a great, quick meal and it is full of healthy goodness :)

I start with mashing up an avocado in a container and then sprinkling in some salt, pepper, and lime or lemon juice.  This is all "to taste."  Then, I just think about what I'm craving and throw that on top of the toast!

I use whole wheat toast, spread some of my avocado on top, and for this guy, I chopped up 3-4 grape tomatoes, sliced about 1 oz of fresh mozzarella cheese, and drizzled some balsamic syrup over the top.  YUM!

I found my balsamic syrup at Mariano's, but you can totally make your own! I think it should be a staple in every pantry.  It is so good! Use it for sandwiches, salads, pasta dishes and so on.  

I hope you are all drooling over this yummy avocado toast idea.  Go make some!  Me, I have to go get ready for another great day of high school!  On today's docket: Calculus quiz, absolute value problems in pre-calculus and some quiz writing for me! 

Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. that's one of my favorite web site :) thanks for the article

    ReplyDelete