Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Dark Chocolate M&M Zucchini Bread

Marathon training makes me SO HUNGRY! Seriously, I am hungry all the time.  Plus, my lunch at school is at 1 in the afternoon.  So, when I eat breakfast at 5:30 and run in the morning I feel great, but by the time lunch rolls around, I am practically seeing stars I am so hungry.  I decided it would be a fantastic idea to hide some food in a drawer in my room so that I can discretely munch occasionally.  This was the motivation behind these Dark Chocolate M&M Zucchini Muffins...

This recipe made 24 mini muffins plus a whole loaf pan.  Bri was very excited when he saw what was happening in the kitchen and these guys came out great!  

Dark Chocolate M&M Zucchini Bread
(adapted from The Kitchn)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 small zucchini, shredded and squeezed dry with paper towels
4 eggs
1 cup non-fat, plain greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup dark chocolate m&ms

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease a mini muffin pan and loaf pan.  
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, oats, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.  
3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the greek yogurt and vanilla until light and fluffy.  Beat in the shredded zucchini.  Add in the dry ingredients and beat until just combined.
4. Stir in the m&ms and then spoon into the prepared muffin tin and loaf pan. 
5. Bake the muffins for about 20 minutes and bake the loaf for about 25-30 minutes.  A toothpick should come out clean from both.  Let cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment