Monday, January 18, 2016

Marathon Training Mondays: New Chocolate Protein Shake Recipe!

Sorry this is a little late...but I have the day off! Yes!  It's MLK Day and so there is no school today.  I actually slept in (ok so only until 6:30, but still) and then I had my New Chocolate Protein Shake and ran 4 miles.

This week's mileage really starts to build.  This past Saturday was our cut-back run and it was only 5 miles.  This week I have 3/4/3 and then 9!  I feel like anything over an hour is a long run so 9 miles will for sure feel more intense than five.  I also did my 4 mile run today instead of my 3 mile run because I figured with the extra time it would be nice to do my run and then relax.

It is also crazy super cold right now.  The high today is like 9 degrees and when I walked downstairs to the treadmill in our apartment, it said the temperature outside was -1.  Yuck!  It is way too cold to run outdoors.  I have been today that it is dangerous to run if it is 0 or below.  So, don't do it :)  Find a way to run indoors or skip the run.  You run so much while marathon training that it is okay to skip a run once in awhile. If you had told me that 2 years ago when I was training for my first run it would have stressed me out, but seriously it is okay to not run once in awhile!

So, today I am going to tell you about a great protein shake recipe!  I feel like this is sort of amusing considering I am currently making some cinnamon rolls in honor of my day off.  However, for the most part I have been all about the protein shakes for breakfast and I have already lost a few pounds over the last few weeks!  Protein powder in smoothies is a great way to support muscle gain and weight loss.  You can check out this article at DbolMuscleSecret for more information and to help you choose the best protein powder for you!  Incorporating protein and into your breakfast is the best way to satisfy any morning hunger you might feel and help you get to lunch without snacking unnecessarily.  I do my workout in the morning, drink my protein smoothie and some coffee and I am good to go until my lunch later in the day!

Chocolate Protein Shake

Ingredients:
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 scoop chocolate protein powder (find one with no fat or sugar)
1 tsp almond butter
1 tsp cinnamon
5-6 ice cubes

Directions:
1. Place everything into a blender and blend until smooth!

Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment