Thursday, October 8, 2015

Thirsty Thursday: Fall Moscow Mules

Last night I went to a Team Have Dreams pasta dinner party! It was so nice to meet other members of team have dreams.  We talked about how we are getting ready for the big marathon day and experienced runners shared stories and advice.  Plus, we had so much pasta and pizza!  It was a really nice evening and it always amazes me how much you have to talk about with other people who are also running a marathon.  I only have a few more days left until the big day! 

So, I just ran my last TWO miles! Yep, only two.  I feel very excited and I can't believe the next time I run it will be in the Chicago Marathon!  Woo!

Last weekend, my buddy Caryn came over.  As we were getting ready for a girl's night out with dinner and wine, we decided it would be a splendid idea to make some Moscow Mules.  I am a huge fan and I decided to put a little twist on it so that it would be fall themed.  I found some ginger vodka at the store and delicious apple cider and I was ready to go.  It was a great tasting drink and we loved how the apple cider really went well with the ginger.  I don't have the cute copper mugs (I registered for them!), but the drink was still great!  If you are looking for a cold, fall cocktail, this is the one!

Fall Moscow Mules


Ingredients:
2 oz. ginger vodka
2 oz. apple cider
juice of 1/8 lime (or more to taste)
ginger beer (get some high quality stuff)

Directions:
1. Pour the vodka, apple cider, and lime juice into your cup.  Then, add the ginger beer.  About a 1/2 cup works well.  Add ice and serve! 

No comments:

Post a Comment