Thursday, October 15, 2015

3 Bean Vegetarian Chili

I love meals that are super easy and super delicious.  This is definitely one of those.  All you do is throw a bunch of stuff into a pot, let it get warm, and then enjoy!  Now that the weather is getting colder, this is the perfect type of meal to come home to.  

In other news, I'm a cheer coach at my school and this is the first year we have a cheer team.  Almost none of the girls had any prior experience and we just had our first game!  It was so exciting to see them out there cheering and they did a really great job.  I love that I became involved in this and I can't wait for more games.  This Friday we have a pep rally and the girl's are performing a cheer and a dance.  They're pretty nervous, but they are looking so great!  They have worked really hard and it is exciting to see them become so invested in something.  Today we have a practice and then a dinner where we are going to hang out about make some cheer bows!  It's gonna be awesome.  

So, although tonight I am having pizza with my cheerleaders, I still wanted to share this great chili recipe that I made recently.  Then, I can't wait to share how the bow-making goes and how the pep rally goes tomorrow!  The chili recipe is totally relevant because now that cheer is taking over my afternoons, I ahve less time to cook when I get home!  This chili recipe is going to be making quite a few appearances in our apartment in the near future...

3 Bean Vegetarian Chili
(adapted from Cait's Plate)

Ingredients:
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 red peppers, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup water
2 tbsp tomato paste
1/4 cup chili powder
3 tsp cumin
2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp southwest chipotle powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can low-sodium kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can garbanzo, drained and rinsed
2 cups vegetable broth
Toppings: Crumbled Goat Cheddar Cheese (optional)

Directions:
1. In a large pot, over medium heat, heat olive oil.  Add in the peppers and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes.  Add in the rest of the ingredients.  Bring the mixture to a boil and then lower heat and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.  
2. Serve with whatever toppings you want.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment