Monday, August 18, 2014

Light Cauliflower Cheese Soup

A while ago. while running, some cab driver who was pulled over on the side of the road clapped for me and told me he was proud of me as I ran by.  It was so strange, but also pretty nice to hear.  I guess if you are a cab driver at 5 a.m. you have to entertain yourself somehow!

I think its pretty cool how many people will say "hi" or "looking good" or "keep it up" while running with my group on Saturdays.  It's nice to hear and it motivates me to keep going.  This Saturday, I really needed that.  I completed the 15 mile run (the longest I've ever gone), but it was tough.  The support of my group and the other runners was much needed and it made me grateful to have met such amazing people who are also embarking on this quest of completing a marathon.  Next week, it is a 16 mile run, and while I am nervous, I know that I can do it.  I just gotta keep putting one foot in front of another...right?

Today I wanted to share a yummy soup recipe.  I became pretty into soup this past year because it is so simple to make and its a great way to have a healthy lunch or dinner.  This soup was inspired by Mel's Kitchen Cafe.  I just added some stuff to make it my own and incorporate some flavors that love.

Light Cauliflower Cheese Soup


Ingredients:1 head of cauliflower, cut away the stem and break up into 1 inch pieces
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 sweet onion, diced
2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
4 cups vegetable broth
1/2 cup skim milk
6 oz sharp white cheddar, shredded
salt and pepper to taste
dash of paprika (optional)
dash of hot sauce (optional)

Directions:
1. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.  Add in the onion and garlic and cook until onion starts to become translucent.  Add in the cauliflower and toss to coat in the oil.  Cook until cauliflower starts to brown.  Pour in the vegetable broth, thyme, and rosemary.  Season with salt and pepper.  Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer.  Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Pour the mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.  Pour the blended mixture back into the pot and heat over medium.  Stir in the shredded cheese and milk until melted and combined.  Season again with salt and pepper.  Add in the paprika and hot sauce if you are using.

Enjoy :)


12 comments:

  1. Sounds healthy and very delicious. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is really good providing good information.. I liked it and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts.
    Bulk SMS Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you admin for sharing such valuable information
    tv service center in hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice article admin thank you sharing for valuable information

    ac service center in hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great article. It gave me a lot of useful information. thank you very much.
    I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.
    Valentines Day Wishes

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great article. It gave me a lot of useful information. thank you very much.
    I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.
    hugday quotes

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great article. It gave me a lot of useful information. thank you very much.
    I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.
    rose day greetings

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great article. It gave me a lot of useful information. thank you very much.
    I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.
    funny videos

    ReplyDelete

  9. Thanks for sharing nice information. Your articles are always helpful
    Beauty Tips, Recipes









    Thanks for sharing nice information. Your articles are always helpful
    http://www.vasanr.com






    ReplyDelete
  10. Transactional Bulk SMS One of the best services Bulk SMS Service Providers electronic communication. It can be sent to SMS form when they come on any of the e-commerce websites. As an online shopping, one time SMS is provided when our bills are issued.

    ReplyDelete