Monday, August 4, 2014

Chocolate Chip Oreo Cheesecake Cookie Bars

I just ran 13 miles! I can't believe that I am at this point again.  The last time I did this, I was training for a half marathon and 13 was the goal.  Now, I am only at the half-way point!  I finished my 13 feeling really great, but then thought, "Only 13 more to go!"  I am really enjoying my marathon training.  It has allowed me to become really focused on my health.  I am sleeping better, feeling great, and I've been eating well!  I even lost a few pounds!  It has helped shape my summer into something pretty special.

Now, I know I just said that I've been eating well, but with all this running, sometimes you need to splurge a little!  For example, today I am going to the Highwood Craft Beer Festival and I am really excited to try some good beers and hang out with some good friends.

Also, I have this recipe to share today which just sounds ridiculous.  I mean I could have just made cookie bars or I could have just made oreo cookie bars.  But no, I went and made Chocolate Chip Oreo Cheesecake Cookies Bars.  Cause, why not?

Chocolate Chip Oreo Cheesecake Cookie Bars
(adapted from BruCrew)

Ingredients:
Cookie Dough:
1 cup butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 3/4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups oreo chunks
1 cup dark chocolate chips
Cheesecake:
8 oz low-fat cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a 9 by 13 inch pan with foil.  Grease the foil.
2. Cookie Dough: In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.  In a separate, large bowl, beat the sugar, brown sugar, and butter until light and fluffy.  Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla until well combined.  Slowly beat in the flour mixture until just combined.  Stir in the oreo chunks and chocolate chips.
3. Cheesecake: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with the sugar until combined. Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined.
4. Take half the cookie dough and press it into the bottom of your pan until you have an even layer.  Pour the cream cheese mixture over the cookie dough layer until it is covered.  Crumble the rest of the cookie dough over the cream cheese mixture.  Bake for 30 minutes or until cream cheese layer is no longer wobbly.  Let cool.

Enjoy :)

1 comment: