Saturday, January 18, 2014

Roasted Garlic Potatoes with Scrambled Eggs

This breakfast was so freakin good that I forgot to take photos!  We had guests who stayed over at our apartment and I threw these potatoes together in the morning for a delightful little brunch.  It was so easy to make and ended up being a huge hit.  These Garlic Potatoes are amazing and definitely a great weekend brunch idea!  Or, serve them as a side with your dinner!  Since it is the weekend, I have brunch on my mind and I figured this was a fantastic recipe to share.

My weekend has already been so much fun! My friends, Russ and Tim, are in town from Wisconsin and we had a great night last night.  We went to dinner at City Dough and had a great meal!  Its right by the Wellington stop on the brown line, so if you are ever in the neighborhood check it out.  Also right there, is DMK Burger Bar which is fantastic, but typically has quite the wait.  So, between these two options you will have a great meal!  After dinner, we met up with some more friends and went out to some bars.  It was a blast.  I, of course, became super tired well before the end of my friend's evening and had to go home (I did get up at 5!).  I am excited to reunite with them today for some more fun around Chicago!

So, here's to a great weekend!  Make some Garlic Roasted potatoes, whip up some scrambled eggs and then you can start your day off with a great breakfast!

Garlic Roasted Potatoes

Ingredients:
3 lbs. red potatoes, washed and quartered
6-7 cloves garlic, minced
olive oil
salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Toss potatoes in a bowl with enough olive oil to coat and the minced garlic.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3.  Place potatoes in a 9 by 13 inch pan and roast in the oven for 45-60 minutes.  Toss every 20 minutes or so.  Serve hot.
4. For the scrambled eggs, I scrambled two eggs with about 2 tbsp of skim milk and a little bit of salt and pepper.  I find that the milk adds a lightness to the eggs that is really great.  Then, I scramble them in a small pan until medium-well done.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment