Friday, January 17, 2014

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups

I may or may not be being a bad teacher right now.  It is finals week, and I am currently sitting in the 2nd period final.  2nd period is my Math Lab and so it is not a "math class" and I don't have a final to give.  Instead, I am sitting in a "supervision" where I have to observe students in the cafeteria and keep them from leaving.  It's tough work, but someones got to do it :)

I have some work to do for next semester, but I already graded the three finals from yesterday and I decided that a therapeutic blogging break was in order before I got back to more work.  Plus, I made homemade Peanut Butter Cups and they are just too cute and too yummy to keep hidden from you all.

Plus, I made a major life change yesterday! Well, major and exciting for me.  This is probably too much build up for normal people, but I am not one of those.  I am a crazy enthusiastic reader.  I love books.  I love reading for fun and I have always kept a book next to my bed.  Even in college when I didn't have any time, I still tried to get in 5-10 minutes every night of reading.  I love the way books feel, I love the way a library smells, and I am a tad crazy.  I get stressed when I don't have a new book in mind once I finish one.  Now that I ride the train for an hour every morning and another hour every afternoon, I am going through books like crazy.  I like to buy my books because I like collecting them, rereading them, and lending them out to friends.  So, I am running out of space.  Also, I am running out of money!

For the holidays, I got a ton of money in amazon gift cards and last night I finally broke down and purchased a kindle.  I was holding out because I really love holding a book, but since it is becoming such a passion of mine to read and collect books, I figured this would be a good move.  I am excited to get my new toy and to read more!  I have no idea how these guys work and so if anyone out there has any recommendations, please let me know! And now, back to my delicious treat for the day!

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups

Ingredients:
1/2 cup creamy, natural peanut butter
2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
pinch of salt
1/2 cup powdered sugar
9 oz dark chocolate chips
9 oz milk chocolate chips
1 tbsp unsalted butter

Directions:
1. In a microwave safe bowl, melt 1 tbsp butter, dark chocolate, and milk chocolate in the microwave stirring after every 30 seconds until smooth.
2. In a bowl, beat peanut butter, 2 tbsp butter, and salt.  Beat in powdered sugar until well combined.
3. Line a mini muffin pan with paper liners.  Drop 1 tbsp of chocolate into the bottom of each one.  Then drop 1 heaping tsp of the peanut butter mixture into the center of the chocolate.  Then drop enough chocolate on top to cover the peanut butter and fill to the top.  Place in fridge to chill until hardened.

Enjoy :)


1 comment: