Monday, January 6, 2014

Easy Quesadillas

I have a day off of school today due to the extremely cold temperatures!  It is currently -15 degrees where my apartment is and since school is so far north, it is -17 up there!  Jeez!  It is really really cold and so I am planning on staying in, cooking up some comforting Healthy Mac and Cheese, and watching a movie!

I am also going to get an extra head start on more of my schoolwork since I want to be prepared for the next four days as well as the week after.  Finals are coming up and I want to make sure that I am ready with plenty of review activities so that I can help my students be as successful as they can be!

Today, I wanted to share another good "Cold Day" recipe.  It is easy, uses ingredients that you just have lying around, and is delicious.  I love a good clean-out-the-fridge recipe that is also comforting and yummy!

Easy Quesadillas


Ingredients:
medium whole wheat tortillas
light cheddar cheese (or your favorite)
pepperjack (this is the only must-have, it makes them so good)
sliced vegetables (I used red peppers)
avocado, sliced

Directions:
1. Heat a skillet over medium-low heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Place tortilla on skillet for a few seconds and then cover half with some cheese, then peppers and avocado slices, and then more cheese.  Take empty half of the tortilla and fold it over to cover the other side.  Let it heat up for about 2-3 minutes and then flip the quesadilla and continue to warm for a few more minutes.  The cheese should melt and the quesadilla should stick together.
Serve with salsa or sour cream if you want!

Enjoy :)
Benny's all set for this crazy cold day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment