Thursday, July 4, 2013

Red White and Blue Sangria

Happy 4th of July! Today's recipe is a drink recipe that is super festive.  Enjoy my Red White and Blue Sangria!

I am off to go for a run and then see the parade! Later today, Bri and I are meeting up with friends to see some more fireworks!  I am excited to celebrate and enjoy a day off from camp!

Last night, we had an awesome potluck dinner with a bunch of my friends.  I made veggie flatbread and this drink and then we headed over to watch the fireworks in my home town.  It was such a fun evening and it made me so happy to be surrounded by such amazing friends.  I really feel so blessed to have them in my life and it was a great way to start celebrating the 4th!

Red White and Blue Sangria (adapted from Group Recipes)

Ingredients:
1 bottle dry white wine (I used Sauvignon Blanc)
1/2 cup triple sec
1/4 cup citrus vodka
blueberries
raspberries
pineapple, cut into chunks
strawberries, quartered
1 cup sugar
1 cup water

Directions:
1. First place 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Let boil for a minute or two and then turn off heat and let cool.
2. In a large pitcher, pour wine, triple sec, and vodka.  Stir in sugar mixture and add in fruit.  I would just add in as much fruit as you want.  Also, you can cut the pineapple into chunks or cute shapes!
3. Serve over ice.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment