It's the weekend! Finally! This week of camp seemed to go on FOREVER and I am so excited to rest for a bit. Of course I didn't sleep in today, but I have been having a great weekend so far!
I went downtown to the Taste of Chicago last night and it was a blast! My two friends and I tasted a ton of stuff because we shared everything! The food was great and I can't wait to share here what I tried.
Today I'm not sure what I will be up to, but tonight my friend Alyson is turing 21 and we are all going downtown to celebrate!! I can't wait to celebrate the special birthday girl and I am super duper excited.
Today I have a fun Gluten Free recipe to share that is perfect for breakfast or as a yummy snack. I saw Giada make these Gluten Free Carrot Zucchini Muffins while working out one day and I just had to make them. I adapted the recipe slightly to fit with the ingredients I had lying around and they were amazing! I brought these in for my camp counselors as a breakfast treat and they were a huge hit!
Gluten Free Carrot Zucchini Muffins
1 1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 heaping tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup light maple syrup
1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
1 medium zucchini, grated
1/2 cup dried blueberries or chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a mini muffin pan with liners.
2. Drain the zucchini by placing the grated zucchini on a paper towel, wrapping it in the paper towels, and squeezing dry. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat the egg with the canola oil and maple syrup.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Pour dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Mix in the carrot and zucchini. Mix in the blueberries.
5. Fill muffin wells almost to the top. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Let cool completely.