Thursday, July 11, 2013

Crafty: Homemade Dough Medals

I made some SWEET dough medals recently at camp!  I don't have pictures because I couldn't use my phone, but I figured I would still share the recipe and idea because it was so fun and so easy!  Give this a try if you need a fun activity or it is a great way to make homemade ornaments or decorations for Christmas or other holidays!

Camp has been going well this summer and I can't believe that the 4th week is almost ver! As soon as camp ends reality begins and that is when I will start reporting to high school to get ready for the new school year!

Tonight I have a fun night out planned with a bunch of my co-workers and I can't wait to hang out with them and just relax a little!  Well, I'm off for another fun day and a fun night! Go make some dough medals!!!

Dough Medals or Ornaments
adapted from Cooks.com

Ingredients:
2 cups baking soda
1 cup cornstarch
1 1/2 cups water
optional: food coloring or paint

Directions:
1. In a pot, stir baking soda and cornstarch.  Pour in water (and food coloring if you are using it) and turn heat on to medium.  Stir constantly until you have a mixture that looks and feels like mashed potatoes.  Remove from heat, cover with a wet towel, and let cool.
2.  Roll out the dough and shape!  Let dry overnight and flip to ensure both sides of your shapes dry.
3.  Once dried you can paint them!

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment