Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

Well apparently everyone writes on their blog for Valentine's day and talks about all the amazing things they are doing/eating with loved ones.  I am not the biggest fan of Valentine's day which might be due to the fact that it is a holiday where everyone buys a ton of silly things or it might be because I am in a long distance relationship and I can't actually see my valentine today.  Regardless, I actually had a pretty darn good Valentine's day.

Last night I told the ladies of DTS that they were all my valentine and I made awesome Disney Princess Valentine's for everyone.  They were pretty sweet.  I mean they came with stickers AND sparkly princess tattoos.  Who doesn't want one of those?  Maybe it's my inner five year old  or the fact that I'm going to be a teacher, but I just love those little kid valentine's.  They are so silly, but they are the perfect way to let a large group know that you are thinking of them. Love you guys!

Today started with a GIANT cupcake from my friend Heather.  Heather and I are both doing our practicum at the same middle school and so I drive her over there in the morning.  For being so early in the morning, Heather is great company and I also feel like I start the day off better when I am able to get all pumped up about school with her.  Today was especially great because of that awesome cupcake :).



I had to take a bite!
Tonight I got to spend time with my lovely Grey's Anatomy girlies.  We are probably not getting together for Grey's this week because of conflicts, so why not celebrate Valentine's Day instead?  We are calling it "Anti-Valentine's Day," but in my opinion it looks a lot more like: "We love Valentine's Day because it is an excuse to get together and eat a bunch of cookies and pizza."  So we did.  Tamara made awesome cookies with Valentine's Day M&Ms...and oh, did I mention the Heart Shaped Pizza?  That's right, we are eating Rocky Rococo's Heart Shaped Cheese Pizza.  It looks like I have yet another reason to love this holiday.

Just make your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and
 instead of chocolate chips, mix in chopped up Valentine's M&Ms!

Valentine's Day M&M Cookies!..Thanks Tamara!
Heart Shaped Pizza!

Valentine's Day wouldn't be complete without an actual valentine.  That's where Brian comes in.  After my girls night I got home because Brian was supposed to "pick me up" for our SKYPE date...woo!  You know you have a good relationship when you get all excited over hanging out with your virtual boyfriend and watching tv or a movie. When I got home I was completely surprised to find beautiful flowers sitting by my door.  Isn't he the best?  I totally did not expect anything.  It made my night.  I love him so much and I am so grateful to have him around for our third Valentine's Day together (sort of).  Happy Valentine's Day!




2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to wish you a Happy Valentine’s Day and to let you know I have awarded you the Liebster Award. Check out my post today for more details. Love your blog, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete