We had our traditional Vegas Night get together last night and I got to hang out with a bunch of prospective DTS members. I am so excited to get to know these people even better. Tomorrow is Initiation, which is a short ceremony to welcome the new members and marks the start of their Junior Member process. I am excited to see all of them again and I decided that I should welcome them in true Jodie fashion: with brownies. I found a recipe for Raspberry Cream Cheese Brownies on Brown Eyed Baker and then, while at work for four hours on a Saturday night, I could not get them out of my head.
I can't wait to try these guys!
Raspberry Cream Cheese Brownies
8 oz light cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 egg yolk
2 1/4 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
8 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into pieces
4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup raspberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 by 8 inch baking pan with foil and grease well.
2. Beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, egg yolk, and 3/4 tsp vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth.
3. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
4. In a large bowl, microwave butter and chocolate, stirring after 30 seconds, for one minute or until melted. Whisk in 1/4 cup of the raspberry jam and let cool slightly. Whisk in remaining 1 1/4 cups sugar, eggs, and remaining 1 1/2 tsp vanilla until smooth. Add flour mixture and stir until just incorporated.
5. Pour half of the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Drop dollops of the cream cheese mixture and spread over the batter. Warm the remaining 1/4 cup of jam in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir until smooth. Drop dollops of jam over the cream cheese mixture and swirl to combine. Spread the remaining brownie batter evenly over the top. Bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 50-60 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting and serving.