Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oatmeal is one of my favorite breakfast foods.  I usually have a bowl every other day and I love to mix in raisins or craisins or blueberries (when they are in season and not insanely expensive).  Right now I have a ton of raisins.  I went home for break and bought a thing of raisins thinking I needed more and then came back to school to be reminded by the giant bag that I had already started.  Oops! Now I have more raisins than I know what to do with...

Except I know exactly what to do! I am going to make some good old oatmeal raisin cookies.  The big debate with this one: chocolate or no chocolate.  Now, this may seem like a silly issue.  The obvious answer (in my book) is CHOCOLATE! But, I am aware that not everyone shares these views.  After much considerations I decided to throw in the chocolate.

I found a great recipe from Lemons and Anchovies and then just spiced it up a tad.  Now, it's off to watch Glee! Gosh I love that show :)

Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies




Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup butter (I used salted and didn't add in any extra salt)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 cups old-fashioned oats
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup raisins
1 tsp vanilla


Directions:
1. Mix the raisins with the vanilla in a small bowl and leave to soak for 30-60 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and nutmeg.
4. In a large bowl, beat the butter until it is light and fluffy.  Then, beat in the sugars until the mixture is light and fluffy.  Finally, beat in eggs one at a time until well combined.  On a low speed, mix in the dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in the oats, chocolate, and raisins with a wooden spoon.
5. Place heaping tablespoons of cookie dough on the prepared baking sheets and bake for around 15-18 minutes.  Let cool.
Enjoy :)


2 comments:

  1. They taste as good as they look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These looks so delish. My son loves oatmeal raisin. I should make these for him. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete