These bars were super easy to make and took no time at all. I had them all prepped and ready to go into the oven within 30 minutes and then they only took 30 minutes to bake. That gave me plenty of time to do the dishes and even get some reading done for my classes! I hope you enjoy this recipe:
Oatmeal Fudge Bars (inspired by Erin's Food Files)
For the cookie part:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
For the fudge filling:
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 15 oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease or flour a 9 x 13 inch pan.
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time until well combined. Mix in vanilla.
5. Press about 2/3 of the cookie dough evenly along the bottom of the pan.
7. Sprinkle the remaining cookie dough on top of the fudge layer. Bake for about 30-35 minutes, until the topping is light brown and the fudge layer is firm, but not set.