Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Nutella Stuffed Sugar Cookies

A very sweet cookie and a very sweet cause!

My "sisters" from DTS and I are participating in Relay for Life through the university.  We are the Little Sisters of DTS team and we are very excited to be participating in such a great cause.  Relay for Life supports the American Caner Society.  This is a cause that is very dear to my heart as I have personally experienced the fear and loss that is associated with a friend or family member suffering from cancer.  I think that this event is an amazing experience.  I have participated in it before and I cannot wait to celebrate the success of so many cancer survivors while providing hope for those who are still suffering.

If you want, I am raising money as a member of my team and by following the link below you can check out my page and help me out.  Any amount is greatly appreciated and all the money goes to the American Cancer Society.

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY12National?px=14680526&pg=personal&fr_id=41939

Thank you for your support and feel free to check back to see my progress! Together we can help create a world with less cancer and more birthdays!

I know I love birthdays...birthdays mean cake :)

Or, cookies!

I found this cookie recipe over at Cookin' Canuck, which is a fantastic blog so head over there to see the step by step pictures.

My cookies did not come out nearly as attractive as hers, but I can attest that they are super duper delicious.  Enjoy these very sweet cookies and head on over to my Team's Page to help a very sweet cause!

Nutella and Sea Salt Stuffed Sugar Cookies (slightly adapted from Cookin' Canuck)





Ingredients:
1/2 cup nutella
2 3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
14 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
sea salt

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and drop teaspoons of nutella on the cookie sheet (about 24). Place in freezer for 15 minutes.  Line another large cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2.  While the nutella is freezing, in a large bowl, beat butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs one at a time and then mix in the vanilla.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt.  Slowly add to the butter mixture until just combined.
4. Form the cookies: get the nutella out of the freezer.  Place some cookie dough on the prepared cookie sheet, sprinkle some sea salt on top, place a piece of nutella on top, and finally more dough.  Seal the cookie dough around the nutella.  Finally, roll the cookie in the remaining sugar to coat it.  Repeat for the rest of the cookies.  You will make about 24.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Enjoy :)

8 comments:

  1. Anything stuffed with Nutella belongs in my tummy ;)
    Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man, these look delish. I want one. Nutella is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have been nominated by Feed Your soul for a versatile blogger award. Please click go to http://chefpeterskitchen.blogspot.com/ for details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nutella always get a thumbs up, Jodie! I get involved with Relay for Life too! Thanks for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM!! These cookies look sooo good!! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete