Monday, April 4, 2016

Marathon Training Mondays

I can't believe it's April.  It is snowing! Ugh.  My run on Saturday was a 14 mile run which I was excited about because it was a taper run (it is the longest "taper" run).  However, as we ran those 14 miles, it SNOWED.  And, it wasn't just pleasant flurries, nope, it was horrible, wet, blowing in your face, snow.  At this point in training, I would love for it to get warm because I want to sort of dress how I will dress for Nashville.  My actual marathon may be significantly warmer than any of the training runs leading up to it.

To account for this, my running group leader suggested taking really steamy showers just to get used to being warm.  Also, running indoors, while super boring, can allow you to at least get used to the clothing that you will wear for the actual race.

This week is peak week.  This means that I will be running about 40 miles in one week.  This week culminates with the 20-miler.  20 miles is the longest run that I will do before actual race day.  I can't believe I am already at this point!  Today I am planning to run 8, then I just have to run 6 and 6 on two other days.  It is going to be tough, but I am excited and I can't wait to get that 20 miler over with! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment