Monday, August 24, 2015

Marathon Training Mondays

I got a Garmin watch!  I love it!  It is so cool to see your pace, elevation, where you went and how far you ran.  This past Saturday was the 16 mile run and it went really well!  We stayed at a pretty consistent 10 minute per mile pace, but I forgot to stop my watch at a few water stations...oops!  Check it out:


The 16 miler is supposed to confirm the fact that you totally can run a marathon.  It made me feel confident.  For the rest of training, I have two "dress rehearsal" runs.  They are the 18 miler and the 20 miler.  I am going to focus on:

1. What I eat the night before
2. How much water I drink the day before
3. What I wear
4. What nutrition I bring with me for the run

I can't believe I am at this point again and I am very excited about the marathon!  I am also SO CLOSE to my fundraising goal.  So, if you know anyone who might be interested, please pass along this info!  Even if you only donate $5, it will totally help!  Team Have Dreams - Jodie B.


No comments:

Post a Comment