Monday, August 31, 2015

Marathon Training Monday

Taper week! I love taper weeks because A. you get to run less and B. you feel like superwoman.  I ran 12 miles Saturday and compared to the 15 or 16 miles from the previous two Saturdays, it felt like a breeze.  Also, I was told I earned hard-core runner points because we ran the 12 miles in the rain.  It wasn't cold, but it was pretty rainy for most of the run and that was a little annoying.  However, it could have been worse.  I'll take rain over heat any day.

After my 12 mile run, I also had cheer tryouts at school.  I am one of the cheer coaches for the brand new squad at my school and I am pumped.  Tryouts went really well and we had a great turn out! I can't wait to get started with practices!

This week the mileage is 4, 9, 5, and 18.  18 is a really long run.  I'm a little nervous.  But, I also know that once that 18-miler is over, I will feel super confident about being able to finish the marathon.

This week is also my first official week of school with my students! I can't wait to meet them all.  We have some fun getting to know you games/activities and we are also diving into Algebra 2, Pre-Calculus, and AP Calculus.  AH! I'm extremely nervous, but I am also so excited!

Happy Monday! Hope everyone has a nice week!

No comments:

Post a Comment